Monday, October 16, 2006

Speakin' man

Ari's conversation has come on in leaps and bounds in the last two weeks. He listens to everything we say and answers yes or no to questions now. For a person who has spent all of last year and most of this caring for him, this is an amazing breakthrough.
With babies (and toddlers), little things change your whole life, and this is certainly another one of those.
He only has a couple of new words - "poppa" (for my Dad) and "brekky" - but the fact that we can have little conversations now makes the day so much more exciting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there, i have been reading most of ur blogs,and im loving it!! I love reading about other mums and how they r coping with a toddler from day to day. I have a 1 yr old girl myself, and we used to live in collingwood as well. I went to school in thornbury darebin high, and also Santa Maria College in Preston. I am now living in ST Albans with my new family. My space is kellielam.spaces.live.com if u wanna have a look. Its great that we r both young mums, so maybe we can meet up one day as i dont have many friends with kids, and i would love to get to know more. My msn is mrskellielam@hotmail.com. Feel free to add me!! xoxo

8:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carla. So glad to have found your blog - from Practical Parenting. I have been thinking about starting a blog of my own for some time and this has given me the confidence to do it. A couple of years ago I suggested blogging to a friend who was dealing with infertility, and have been keen to try it myself since then. I'll let you know when I start - hope we can become buddies!
Jane

10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home