Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Back to work

Tomorrow I return to work 2 days a week after a year's maternity leave, so today I'm feeling lots of things - nervous, anxious, frightened, excited.
Rob will look after Ari until he goes back to work and after that, my Mum and Dad will take over the reins.
I have missed work terribly, there's no doubt about it. But now that it's just around the corner, relinquishing the job of looking after Ari is proving tougher than I'd imagined.
It's a time of change for our boy. Nothing happens for months on end and then everything happens at once. As well as me returning to work, Ari is tantalisingly close to walking. I'm weaning him onto cow's milk and off formula. It looks like he's moving from 2 sleeps a day to one sleep. He's forming weird little mumbo jumbo sentences. He's incredibly, heart-swellingly cute (yesterday he crawled up to Rob and kissed him on the nose).
And I won't be here to oversee all this 2 days a week. Which sounds insane. But it's kinda like organising a major event and then not seeing the final result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home