Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ari's first haircut

After much pondering on the subject of Ari's long locks, we decided last night to go the hack with the clippers.
The results were...not good. Apart from Ari hating every second of it, it was sort of a half-finished job, thanks to my panicking about how short Rob was going with the clippers.
The result was my worst nightmare - a sort-of bowl cut. Well, no son of mine will ever have a bowl cut.
A quick trip to a local hairdresser today finished off the job and it doesn't look too bad. It's very short and quite a shock to the system, considering Ari's former mullet (think Krusty the Clown, not Jason Gillespie).
Now my boy looks like one of those kids you'd see running around with a dirty face on a British council estate in a Ken Loach movie.
As you can probably tell, I'm not a fan of his new look. I'm just not sure if it's me not wanting to let go of his little baby curls, or the fact that he now resembles some kind of street urchin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home