Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Teeth, the pool and everything

TEETH
Ari hates having his teeth brushed. It turns out all toddlers do (well, all the ones I know do).
My attitude to his teeth has gone from "It doesn't matter that much, does it?" indifference, to "holy hell, we'd better hold this kid down and brush twice a day" panic, naturally after reading a bloody baby book.
Seriously though, it does make sense for us to perservere with the hellish task of wrestling with Ari to clean his teeth - he won't be able to do it properly himself until he's nearly 10, so that's a whole lotta decayin' over 8 years.

THE POOL
Today we discovered the joys of Fitzroy Pool on a hot day. Lovely lawn and shady trees, a completely shaded toddler pool and a great playground just next door.
Ari and I spent a happy afternoon splashing about - well, actually, he mainly walked laps up and down from shallow to "deep" and climbed in and out of the pool about 50,000 times.
Still, the banana smoothie afterwards at Soul Food Cafe in Smith St made me feel for the first time like I had spent a day out with my son. And it was ace...

EVERYTHING
The great sandal fight goes on. Ari despises wearing either of the two pairs of sandals bought for him - and the lovely lady at Payless (or is it Spendless) Shoes told me the other day that all toddlers hate them at first, so I can at least stop stressing about the ones I've bought him.
Ari's favourite things are...reading "My Dad" and pointing to his own Dad, then pointing to my tummy, his tummy and his Daddy's tummy; digging holes and watching machines that dig; playing with water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home