Thursday, December 29, 2005

Back at work: Day One

It was with mixed feelings that I grabbed my notebook and tape recorder and headed back into the Herald Sun today for my first day back at work.
I'm working 2 days a week on general news, which means I could be doing absolutely anything. Afer working as an entertainment journo for a few years, that's more than a bit daunting.
I felt like the New Kid. I had no desk of my own. I didn't have email. I was very nervous. But it all worked out and I really enjoyed a day at the office. It was great to talk to adults and do a professional, paid job.
I missed Ari very much - but saying goodbye wasn't the hard bit. It was coming home and knowing I'd have only about 20 minutes of hanging with my boy before he went to bed.
I held him for a long time and kissed him a LOT.
One day down, I feel okay. But it's going to take some getting used to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home