Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The coolest band ever


I'm seeing so few gigs lately that I feel the need to bang on about them when I do.
On Sunday night I went along to see The Strokes and it reignited my love for them. They played incredibly tight, the atmosphere was fantastic and the crowd went NUTS. At one point Julian Casablancas said the Festy Hall crowd sounded more like a stadium.
They sounded amazing and looked so cool - these were guys who were wearing skinny jeans in 2001 - they are the epitome of cool. The last time I saw them, Julian was a bit of a mess - he looked like he'd just had enough of playing the same songs over and over.
This time he looked like he was actually enjoying himself.
Seeing them reminded me just how good they really are and how dreadfully BORING some of the most hyped music today really is. Hands up James Blunt and The Killers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home