Sunday, February 10, 2008

Arcade Fire. Whoah.

Over a week ago, Rob and I had the pleasure of seeing Canadian 10-piece Arcade Fire perform at the Forum Theatre.
It was mindblowingly wonderful.
I abandoned my tall-ish gig companions and made for the front of the stage and it was an all-in worship.
They opened with Wake Up (from Funeral) and it was a singfest from the get-go.
The only disappointment (from Rob) was the absence of My Body Is A Cage from the setlist (being incredibly picky here) and that our Ari couldn't see them perform. He would have LOVED it.
I on the other hand rate it as one of my favourite gigs ever, right up there with Radiohead and Cold Chisel (both at Festy Hall). It was superb. I'm extremely sad that I didn't go and see them the night after - and that they probably won't be back again for ages...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home