Monday, March 24, 2008

Ready? Ha!

Recently, I compared notes with another parent about being "ready" for parenthood.
We both had a chuckle as we admitted to not having a single clue what we were in for. Absolutely NO idea.
We also discovered we had done exactly the same thing just before having our first child - we were both quite angry with people's negative views on parenthood and their comments - ie: "make sure you get lots of sleep now, you won't have any soon", "see every movie you can", etc.
I giggle now when I remember a comment I made to my Mum just before having Ari - "I'm not going to let a baby change my life - the baby has to fit into our life. I'm not going to let a baby stop me doing the things I want." (Okay, parents reading this can stop laughing hysterically now)
Do all first-time parents think this?
In retrospect, I actually can't believe how naive I was. I'm sure first-time parents who have seen their friends and family have children couldn't be as naive as I was. I hope my sister has a clearer picture of what's in store than I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home