Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Travelling with baby

After going through months and months of having a baby who took hours and hours to get to sleep, you don't dare mess with glorious 12-13 hour sleeps when they finally come.
Such has been my fear of returning to that former, hellish life, that I've been terrified to mess with when (and where) Ari sleeps too much.
Subsequently, I have been reluctant to travel with Ari a lot. But with both sets of grandparents in Geelong and Bendigo, travel is inevitable.
Rob has been at me to do it more, but still I remain hesitant.
This week, we went to Ballarat for 3 days and it was marvellous. Staying with Ari's sort-of-godfather Dean and his partner Andrea, the boy slept, ate and played like an absolute dream. And we even got some time to ourselves, which was wonderful.
The experience has given me the confidence to try it a lot more often, which is great. Kids really are adaptable. I guess it's paranoid parents like me who aren't...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home