Monday, July 16, 2007

Winter boredom

While our reservoirs and water storages look a lot healthier this year, the winter months have been a shock to the system. Last year, it was cold, but the number of rainy days that prevented Ari and I going outside I could count on one hand.
I know we need the rain and all, but it really does make it hard to entertain a lively 2.5yo when you are stuck inside all the time.
YOU try coming up with an activity for a toddler 7 days a week when it's pouring bloody rain. I have already run out of ideas: we regularly go to an indoor playground, the Melbourne Museum and Northland Shopping Centre (yes, I know, it's a bit naff, but hey, there's a Toys R Us that offers a little rainy day diversion).
I have tried the local library's reading sessions for kids, but Ari honestly (I kid you not) prefers to run up and down the ramp, play with the shelves and jump in the beanbags than sit and listen to a book. Plus there's usually about 5000 kids and their parents there, so there's never enough room anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home