Monday, September 05, 2005

Can a stroller change your life?


Yes, it can.
We bought a stroller on Sunday and it's already made life so much easier.
As much as our 3-wheeler is a great pram, it was getting very heavy with Ari in it and even folded up I could barely lift it into our car.
If anyone's hunting for a stroller, I can't recommend the Maclaren Quest (pictured) enough. Yes it was expensive, compared to other brands, but it's well made, really light (I can carry it with one hand) and you can practically push it with one finger (a godsend for me, who was forever trying to steer the giant pram with one hand and talk on the mobile phone on the other).
Today Ari and I went to a fashion parade at the GPO and it was an absolute dream - we jumped on trains, zipped through crowds and even went down some stairs - I could never have done that with the old pram.
The other big life-changing thing is bottle feeding. I know I've already talked about this, but it's made going out with Ari so much easier, which I never really expected.
Unlike most mums, I've actually found it easier to bottle feed when out and about than breastfeed, as Ari was such a wrigglebot on the breast and would take AGES to feed, if at all.
Today we just ducked into Myer's parents room, took out a bottle and away we went. In and out in 10 minutes...a dream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home