Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Baby Stuff I Hate


In the vast world of baby products, there's the wonderful, the useless and the downright annoying. But there's a couple of things I've come across that particularly get my goat:
1. Baby hands and feet plaster casts (pictured). Now these little things are marketed as a loving reminder of when your tike was a wee tot. I'm sorry, but to me these are hideous, almost morbid ornaments that belong either a) in a funeral parlour, or b) in some sort of crazed art installation. They just look AWFUL. If I were a small child, I'd be frightened of them - they look like something Freddie Kruger whipped up at the local Plaster Fun House.
2. Baby slogan t-shirts. I'm all for cool t-shirts. Hell, I just ordered a couple of them for Ari from the US. Rob and I regularly frequent an ace t-shirt website to buy original t-shirts for ourselves.
But cool (in my humble opinion) is NOT some lame attempt at a "baby joke". For example: Boo Hoo, It's All About Me, Sleep Is For The Weak, AB/CD, Kid Vicious, you get the idea. It's soooo funny....NOT!

1 Comments:

Blogger RachelleCentral said...

You'll be disappointed to know, then, that Julian wore his "Today's Sleep Is Cancelled" tee all day today. (and slept well!)

10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home